US American Visa Lottery is an opportunity for people allover the world to get into the United States of America. This post will show you all you need to know to increase your chances of getting the US American lottery.
There are various reasons why people seek for this visa lottery, it could be that they wish to live there, or work there, some need the lottery because they want to study there, whatever be the reason, this post will surely guide you on the right path to take.
This visa is for anybody, whether you are Single, Married, Widowed, Divorced you are eligible to apply for the American Visa Lottery, but you must be informed that not all countries are eligible to apply.
US American Visa Lottery Application Guide & Requirements
American Visa Lottery Information
The American Visa is known as Green card is usually being offered the US Department of States to qualifying applicants.
Some countries have been blocked from applying for the American Visa Lottery, luckily Nigerians can apply.
The registration and application for Visa Lottery is done every year and applicants can register and apply online for their Visa Lottery via this site.
The only way to officially apply for a green card lottery is to apply online at the Dept. of State web site. Beware of any other non-government web sites that charge fees for this free application.
The online form that you fill is called Form DS-5501, Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form, that is available only during the DV open registration period.
You can not download the form and fill it out. Starting with DV-2005, paper entries are not accepted. Online process makes the process more efficient and secure. Moreover, Department of State uses the special technology and other means to identify the persons who commit fraud or illegal immigration or those who submit multiple entries.
You should not wait until the last week of the registration period as there may be heavy demand and it may result in the web site delays.
If you do not fill the online form completely, your entry will be disqualified.
Regardless of who made the entry, if you make more than one entry, all of your entries will be disqualified. Regardless of who made the entry, you are are completely responsible for making sure that information in the entry is correct and complete.
Do not send any documents (birth certificate, work experience, school records etc.) anywhere, other than making an online entry.
How to Apply for American Visa Lottery 2021
1. FULL NAME – Last/Family Name in Capital letters, First/Given Name, Middle Name
2. DATE OF BIRTH – Day, Month, Year
Please note that even though the date of birth format normally used in the U.S. is Month, Day, Year; you are supposed to write the date of birth in the format Day, Month, Year as it is normally used in the most parts of the world.
3. GENDER – Male or Female
4. CITY WHERE YOU WERE BORN – Self-explanatory.
5. COUNTRY WHERE YOU WERE BORN – The name of the country that is currently in use for the place where you were born.
6. COUNTRY OF ELIGIBILITY OR CHARGEABILITY FOR THE DV PROGRAM – In most cases, it is the country of your birth. However, some applicants may be able to use the country of birth either their spouse or one of their parents.
7. ENTRY PHOTOGRAPH(S) – Recent digital photographs of yourself, your spouse and all your minor unmarried children under 21 years of age, if applicable. The photograph must be an individual photograph. Family or group photographs are not accepted.
Include all your natural children, children of your other spouse, legally adopted children and stepchildren who are unmarried under the age of 21 years on the date of your application. You need to includes these children even if you are no longer married to the child’s parent, even if the child does not reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.
Do not include your children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents.
If you are married, unless you are legally separated (i.e., there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order), you need to include your spouse as well even if he/she does reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you. Of course, if you are legally divorced or widowed, you no longer have a spouse and you don’t have to enter the former spouse information.
Married children and children 21 years of age or older are not eligible to be included in your DV application. However, according to the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), it may be possible for the child to immigrate with you if the DV application is made before the child turns 21 and the child turns 21 before visa issuance.
8. MAILING ADDRESS – In Care Of, Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City/Town, District/County/Province/State, Postal Code/Zip Code, and Country.
9. COUNTRY WHERE YOU LIVE TODAY – Self-explanatory.
10. PHONE NUMBER – It is optional. However, if you have a phone number where you can be reached, is it recommended to put it.
11. E-MAIL ADDRESS – Starting with DV-2011 onwards, it is no longer optional. It is mandatory. Please provide the email address to which you have direct access. Please do not provide someone else’s email address or a general company address.
12. WHAT IS THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION YOU HAVE ACHIEVED, AS OF TODAY? You must indicate which one of the following represents your own highest level of educational achievement: Primary school only, (2) High school, no degree, (3) High school degree, (4) Vocational school, (5) Some university courses, (6) University degree, (7) Some graduate level courses, (8) Master degree, (9) Some doctorate level courses, and (10) Doctorate degree
13. MARITAL STATUS – Unmarried, Married, Divorced, Widowed, or Legally Separated
14. NUMBER OF CHILDREN– Total number of children. Please look at #7 above for further information.
15. SPOUSE INFORMATION – Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth, and Photograph. Please look at #7 above for further information.
16. CHILDREN INFORMATION – Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth, and Photograph. Please look at #7 above for further information.
Signatures are not required on the E-DV entry form.
US American Visa Lottery Application Confirmation
Once you successfully register the entry, you will see a confirmation screen that contains your name and a unique confirmation number.
Print this confirmation screen for your records. You will need this confirmation number in order to check the status online, starting March of the next year.
If you lose the confirmation page (or number), the only way to know whether you have been selected in the lottery would be if you receive an official letter by the post.
The KCC can not resend the confirmation page or number to you. You can not get the list of selected persons from the U.S. embassy or consulate.
That is all on how to apply for the American visa lottery!